Tuesday, July 9, 2013

1Cor3

You are God's coworker, field and building! Your work matters to God. You are the work of God. Consider carefully how you should live.

Today I am challenged by these metaphors that Paul gives us to consider. As a coworker with God, I need to be about the work that He has called me to and I need to be doing the same things that He is doing. As His field, I need to be dealing with the weeds in my life and bearing the fruit of the Spirit. As His building, I need to be housing the goods that He has provided and continue to keep myself free from the clutter of this world.

Consider being God's field today. What really does that mean? We have a ton of fields in Iowa and every field does not have the same value, nor is every field managed well. Some fields are left to themselves. These field are of little value. Their crop is only "natural weeds" and they are left to run wild. Other fields are managed diligently. They are cultivated, planted and harvested. These fields are of extreme value.

I want to be the kind of man that is of value for God's kingdom. As I consider myself as a field, I know there are things that keep the crop from growing well. Like the Corinthians, there is still much evidence of "fleshiness". Natural fruit that springs from my uncultivated field. Fruit that is so easy to bear but foreign to the Spirit of God. Thankfully there is true fruit as well. I am grateful for the work God is doing on my life.

Let God do a work in your life today. You are HIS field. He wants to grow His crop in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment