Wednesday, July 10, 2013

1Cor4

Consider standing before Christ today and giving an account of your life. Is that an exciting or terrifying thought? I believe Paul was eager to be judged by Jesus. He was excited to hear Him say, "well done, good and faithful servant."

Personally I have mixed emotions! I know that I love Jesus and that I desire to honor Him with my life, but sometimes I wonder if I am doing everything He wants me to do. I question how much of my life I should actually be free to do as I please. Do you ever have these thoughts?

Paul said, "consider us in this way: as servants of Christ and managers of God's mysteries." These are two powerful images to consider. Do you consider yourself first and foremost as a "servant of Christ"? Are you waking up today thinking, "What does Jesus want me to do? How can I serve Him and His purposes?" Have you considered where you got what you have been given? Are you managing your "given" resources in the way that the Giver would be pleased? Do you see yourself as a "manager" of God's mysteries?

This chapter challenges me to think hard about how I spend my time and resources. There is no question that Paul's desire was that every believer would see themselves as servants and managers. Servants of Christ and managers of His resources. He said, "What do you have that you have not been given?" The answer is…nothing! The new question then is, "What are you doing with what you have been given?"

God has truly blessed our lives. Live to please Him today.


No comments:

Post a Comment