Thursday, July 18, 2013

1Co10

If everyone was to imitate your life, what would our world be like? Would it be any better? Would it be worse? Paul was confident that to imitate him would be to imitate Christ! Wow. Is that a statement you could ever make? I would be so hesitant to ever say anything like that. What about you?

It is one thing to claim to be a Christ follower. It is a completely different thing to claim that if anyone follows you they are following Christ. Yet Paul confidently said, follow me as I follow Christ. Parents often say, "do what I say, not what I do". Bosses often expect more of employees than they themselves are willing to do. Spouses often have a higher standard for their partner than they place on themselves. Our personal expectations are usually less than what we expect of others! Yet we claim to be Christ "followers".

Paul's confidence was not pride. It was a sincere desire to model what it meant to actually live a christian life. His life was totally rooted in thinking, saying and acting in obedience to Jesus. It is the life he called everyone to live. It is the life the Holy Spirit desires for us to live. It is the good life. Where then is the problem? My problem is in my lack of faith. God is calling me to greater steps of faith. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment