Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mt10

How quickly and easily do we identify with Jesus? Are we quick to identify with Him or are we afraid of what others might think if we "lead" out with being a follower of Jesus?

I have discovered that most christians rarely talk about their "love" for Jesus even with other christians much less non-believers or strangers! We might not be quick to deny Jesus, but we certainly are not bold to identify with HIm. We are afraid of what others will think. 

Stop and think about this for a minute. Is there anything right about that? Absolutely not! Jesus said, "If you acknowledge me before men, I will acknowledge you before my Father in heaven. But whoever denies me before men, I will deny him before my Father in heaven." Jesus said this knowing it would create conflict! Yet He challenged His followers to be bold.

Why? Because we never know who God is calling to Himself and He might just want to use us to lead them to Him. Remember Jesus' one prayer request yesterday? 

Learn to be bold in identifying with Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment