Friday, January 24, 2014

Mt18

What value do we place on the children in our lives? What are we influencing them to become? Who do we desire them to be?

Jesus said, "woe to anyone who leads a leads a child away from Me!" Now I doubt that any of us would intentionally "lead" a child to not follow Jesus, much less to walk away from Him, but I wonder if our lives are actually doing just that! What is it that we praise our children for? What do we train them to know and do? What do we commend in them?

These verses are particularly critical for parents. God has entrusted the next generation to us. What children believe about Jesus will be the result of what they "see" in our lives. I pray my kids see a true pursuit of Jesus in me. I pray they desire to follow Christ because they are encouraged to do so with my words and my life. I pray I will value nothing more than that in them.

Model for the children a pursuit that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment