Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mt17

What will we do as a result of our faith today? Jesus expected His disciples to live by faith. He was discouraged when their faith was so small that little was happening in their lives as a result of it. How do you think Jesus would feel about your faith?

I wonder what kind of disciple I would have been. Would I have been the one who was often rebuked by Jesus for saying and doing the wrong things? Would I have been over zealous? Doubtful? Bold? Have you ever placed yourself in the disciples situations? I try to think about that all the time.

Frankly, I think whatever is true of our faith today would have been true of our faith back then. Personally I feel that God would do far more with all of us if we would simply apply His word more directly in our daily lives. He is still at work in mighty ways. He still has the power to do supernatural things. His desire is to do those things through those of us who believe.

There is no doubt Jesus would say to me. "You have little faith." I'm convicted today.

No comments:

Post a Comment