Thursday, January 2, 2014

Mt2

Are you seeking to hear the voice of God today? If you hear His voice, will you obey? 

Two things struck me from today's chapter. First is the number of times that God spoke to people in their dreams! He spoke to Joseph and to the wise men multiple times in dreams. They knew it was the voice of God and they obeyed it immediately. Does God still speak to us in dreams? Generally when I have a dream, it's just weird. I dream a lot, but I rarely sense that God was speaking to me directly through a dream. Have you?

Secondly, I am amazed at the cruelty of Herod. He slaughtered babies in order to protect his place of power! Imagine the horror that filled the community. Imagine the pain that entered every household with a small boy! It is unthinkable to me that men would have carried out those orders. Ultimately, even Jesus would be slaughtered on the cross!

Since Adam and Eve's sin in the garden, this world has been messed up! Even today there are unbelievable atrocities happening in our world (abortion, senseless violence, trafficking, etc.). We need to be hearing and obeying the voice of God. Wise men still hear and obey God's voice. Follow God's leadership today.

No comments:

Post a Comment