Friday, March 28, 2014

Lk19

"Bring these enemies of mine, who did not want me to rule over them, and slaughter them in my presence."  -v27

I have heard this parable taught many times and have even taught it myself. Never had I stopped to think about this particular verse. Wow, Jesus actually took the parable to a whole new level! In this case, the steward who thought wrongly of the master and did not invest his money was not just rebuked but slaughtered with others in front of the King!

This is how Jesus ended this parable. Then he just left for the next place. What were people thinking? The first part of this parable makes sense to everyone. The illustrations are simple. They go like this. Whatever we have has been given to us by God. We should use what we have for His purposes.

But what if we don't? Have you ever heard a teacher say, "And if you don't God will call you into His presence and have you slaughtered."??? These were strong words from Jesus. Wow. I am thinking a little differently about this parable today.

Read the whole text.

No comments:

Post a Comment