Thursday, January 22, 2015

Mt16

When we concern ourselves with ourselves rather than the things of God, we are following the counsel of Satan. Who's desire do we want to fulfill today?

I am sure Peter felt the stiff rebuke of Jesus' words in this chapter! In one minute Peter was commended for speaking the words of God. In the next minute Jesus rebuked him and said, "Get behind me Satan! You are an offense to Me because you're not thinking about God's concerns, but man's." These are strong words!

To make it personal, what was it that made Jesus say this to Peter? Would this be the most likely thing Jesus would say to me? Peter was wanting Jesus to fulfill his desire. Peter's words seemed righteous but they were rooted in his own personal agenda. I hate to admit it, but generally my words spoken to Jesus are often like that.

We should be looking to do what Jesus would want rather than asking Jesus to do what we want. He is the One who is God…not us.

No comments:

Post a Comment