Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Mt9

Every day at 10:02 a.m. my alarm goes off as a reminder for me to pray for christian workers. The reason I pray at 10:02 is in response to Luke 10:2. Matthew puts this same verse in this chapter. It's vs 37-38! It was Jesus' one prayer request. Now we have alarm reminder options. Try it. Set your alarm for 10:02 or 9:37. We all need reminders to pray.

Another thing this does is it reminds me of the needs around me. It causes me to want to be an answer to Jesus' request. It helps me know what He values and how I should be using my time. Matthew's first response to the gospel was to have his friends over to his house for a party where they could also meet Jesus.

Friends of the paralyzed man, because of THEIR faith, brought their friend to Jesus and he was healed! Nothing is said about the crippled guy's faith. It was the faith of his friends and their intentional actions that brought healing and salvation for him.

This begs the question: Who are we influencing for Jesus? Who are we seeking to share the good news of the gospel with? It should be our mission. It was Jesus' prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment