Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Rv5


Heaven will not be about us!  It will be about Jesus.  Try to make today more like heaven by focusing on Jesus and not yourself.

Can you imagine this scene in heaven? Imagine yourself adding your voice to all those singing: "the Lamb is worthy!"

When MercyMe wrote the song, "I can only imagine", I wonder if they had Rev. 4 & 5 in their minds as the backdrop?  This scene in heaven causes me to tremble every time I think or read about it.  It will truly be awesome.

I love the image of Jesus being described both as a Lion and a Lamb.  As a Lion He conquered sin for all of us who believe.  As a Lamb He paid the price for our sin by His sacrifice on the cross.  He is both the Lion and the Lamb. 

Read it here.

1 comment:

  1. The Lion/Lamb dichotomy is awesome! I love that we have a Lord so powerful as to enforce His will and so merciful as to receive the blow for us that He can be both just and the justifier!

    ReplyDelete