Friday, October 25, 2013

Hb10

"Let us be concerned about one another in order to promote love and good works." Now this is a "concern" that we should all embrace!

As a pastor, one of my least favorite words is this word, "concern". Generally it goes like this. Pastor, I have a "concern" about so in so, or this or that. What that usually means is, something is going on and they don't like it and want me to do something about it. Generally the word is used because it makes people feel like the issue is coming from a sincere place in their heart. Sometimes it is. Generally it is not. What is generally true is they are saying, "I don't like this. It makes me angry. I want you to change things to make me happy."

In this passage the writer teaches us that we should be "concerned" for others and especially for the church. What should "concern" each of us should be how we can help promote love and good works! Wouldn't it be awesome if we chose to "concern" ourselves not with what bothers us, but rather with what would promote love in relationships and what would encourage others to do good works?

Now that would be awesome.



1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how appropriate this was for me this week!!

    ReplyDelete