Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hb13

Your life should be free from the love of money. If it is not, you are preparing yourself for all kinds of heartache. Contentment is not a factor of finally having everything I want. Rather, it is a factor of realizing I have everything I need in Christ. Are we satisfied with Christ?

How often do you make life decisions based on money? What would you be giving your life for if you weren't doing your job for money? How much money does it take for you to be content? How hard do you work to give generously to the things that really matter? These are all great questions that reveal the reality of our hearts.

In my self examination, I am coming up…selfish. There are days that I only do my job because I need a job in order to pay my bills! Some days the "work" of ministry is the last thing I would choose to do. I have learned that contentment in life is generally higher among countries who are poor than countries who are rich. I have also learned that the rich are generally the poorest when if comes to generosity. On average, christians give 2% away regardless of how much they have, whether it is 10 thousand or 10 million. Why is that?

God save us from ourselves! Help us to live lives that truly reflect that our trust is in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment