Tuesday, July 10, 2012

1Co4

Do you have a reputation of being a "servant of Christ" and a manager of "God's mysteries"?  This is how Paul wanted to be identified.  He also compared himself, and the other apostles, as "the worlds garbage or dirt someone scrapes off their sandals".

If I were to ask people to give some descriptive term that pegged me, I would doubt that either of the first two terms would come to mind.  Yet, both of these terms should describe all of us who claim to follow Christ.  We really are to be serving Him and being good stewards of all that He has entrusted to us.

I find myself selfishly pursuing Jesus.  I follow Him in hopes of gaining my "best life now" and looking for even greater blessings.  It is so hard for me to just obey and follow.

How about you guys?

Read it here.





1 comment:

  1. I seriously doubt anyone would call me a servant of Christ (or anyone else) or a manager of God's mysteries. I imagine people would say that I work hard and more often than not am pleasant to be around. I think most people would know that I was a Christian but would struggle to articualte what I believed that to mean.

    You are right. I like me. I want God to like me the way I like me. Worship is me loving God and denying me.

    May the Spirit of Christ that raised Him from the dead fill me with the fuel and resolution to serve more, boast less, proclaim Him more, and seek my best life now less.

    ReplyDelete