Tuesday, July 31, 2012

2Co3

If the people you influence could be transformed into a letter of reference, what would that letter say about you?  Would it commend or condemn your character?

I think there is no better context for this than parenting.  Paul considered the Corinthians "his children" and knew that he had lived a life pleasing to God in their presence.  His work in them was not being represented well at the time, yet he still appealed to his life as the example for them to follow.

As parents, our children won't always make good choices.  Yet as parents, we should continually be setting the pace and example for them to follow.  My prayer is that I never give my children an excuse to not pursue Christ.  The battle is tough enough without me adding to the struggle.

Be an example to follow parent.

Read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment