Friday, September 13, 2013

1Th2

Fathers are to be encouragers, comforters and motivators to their kids. If you are a father, would these words be the way your children would describe you? Unfortunately, for most, I am afraid not. These words more often would describe most mothers.

As a dad, I am challenged by Paul's words in this chapter. I am to be the lead encourager to my family. I often find myself being the one who is the most discouraging  and critical. And then there is comforting. I am more likely to add to the pain than to come along side and bring comfort. But then there is imploring. Calling our kids to go beyond what they think they can. Challenging them to be even better.

These are great challenges for dads. Being a dad is a lot of work. It is work worth doing. Raising kids is our most important task. Dads, we need God's help to do a good job. Otherwise we will totally botch it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment