Wednesday, September 25, 2013

1Tm2

First of all then…PRAY! Prayer should be the first thing we do, but generally it is our last resort. Sometimes we skip it all together. Prayer is essential if we want to encounter God and see Him work in our lives. Paul "urged" the believers to pray as a first priority. 

Notice also the people he encourages us prayer for. EVERYONE. When I was a kid I used to pray for "everyone in the whole world". I didn't realize how good of a prayer that was. Absolutely we are to pray for anyone we know personally, but we are to also pray for everyone. We should pray that God would save them. It is a prayer for the gospel to impact those who we come in contact with, but also a prayer for the gospel to come in contact with those we we never see.

My personal pray life is not very gospel centered. Mostly I pray for me and my needs, my family and their needs, and whatever else would make my life better. I think my prayer life is both selfish and not very gospel centered. I am going to seek to pray beyond myself today. Not that praying for those things is wrong, it is just not broad enough.

Think beyond yourself today. Pray bigger prayers.



No comments:

Post a Comment