Tuesday, September 17, 2013

1Th4

Self-control continues to be at the top of God's priorities for our lives. It is a fruit of His Spirit and the evidence of His life living in us. When we no longer yield to our own desires, but rather obey His desire for our lives, we are living in a manner that pleases the Lord.

Generally I find myself living in a manner that pleases me. It is as though I believe that I should be the top priority of my life! Nothing could be farther from God's desires for me. He wants me to "control me" so that I can please Him. One of the greatest truths that any christian can discover is that true satisfaction in our faith does not come in doing what we want, but rather in doing what God wants us to do. This always requires self-control. This always requires faith. This always requires obedience. Obedience is only obedience when it is not "our desire".

Consider your life today. Who are you living to please? Yourself or God? If your answer is God, then you are exercising daily self-control and often you are not doing what you would want. It is a hard truth, but one that actually brings joy and satisfaction in life and especially in death.

Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment