Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Col3

"Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men, knowing you will receive the award from Him." (23, 24)

How much of what we do can be done for Christ? Paul's expectation was EVERYTHING! In fact, he believed that anything, except sin, that we do can be done is a way that is worshipful to God. As believers our work, our play, our relationships and our attitudes are all to be acts of worship. Literally everything we do should be done to please God.

To often we limit the things that please God to "spiritual things" like reading the bible and prayer. These things are honoring to God, but so is laughing, sleeping, working, talking and enjoying family. Literally, when we are not living in disobedience to God, He is pleased with us and considers our lives acts of worship. Everything is to be worshipful to God.

Something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Vs.17 says to do everything IN JESUS NAME.... and vs.23 to do everything FOR JESUS. like every step I take.. word I say..jesture..things I do...I must remind myself that I have Jesus' name stamped on my forehead...and it's "being done" for Him! Everything!! Wow. .. that is a crazy thought! I need to be much more aware every time I speak or do something. And this chapter started with the fact that Christians are already "up there" with God. . hidden in Christ JESUS. Now I'm even more compelled to try to live a life representative of where I'm already at!! Crazy. . but awesome. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete