Monday, September 16, 2013

ITh3

God's desire is that our love would increase and overflow for one another and everyone! He has poured out His love on us and desires that we pour out His love on every person we encounter. Now there is a challenge for us all.

What keeps you from being more loving? For me, it's mostly too much love for myself. Another word for it is pride. Pride is primarily focusing on what I want and what I need. Humility is trusting God with all my needs and focusing on loving others and meeting their needs. I wake up every morning knowing how I want things to go for me. Too often I give my time and attention to that end. Frankly, that is not living in love.

The scripture constantly challenges us to live for God. That challenge is best seen in the way we love others. All others! It is a challenge for sure. Make it your goal to love someone today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment