Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Jn12

Many did not believe in Jesus because they loved approval from men more than approval from God! (vs. 43) Wow.  I have never seen that verse so clearly as today.  Right in John 12 we have an example as to why people were rejecting Jesus.  They knew to follow Christ would give them less value before men.  They desired the approval of man more than the approval of God!

It convicts me about how I truly live.  Who's approval do I hope to get today?  Is it man's or is it God's.  

I pray it is the latter.

1 comment:

  1. i do love appreciation.
    i am often cowardly before men.

    Lord, save me from this inward occupation with outward approval.

    Forgive me for my pride and my refusal to be found only in You. Strip away that in which I boast that leads me away from depending on You. Teach me humility before you that I may receive one day glory along with You, because of You.

    ReplyDelete