Thursday, March 7, 2013

Jn14

If you were to describe the Holy Spirit in one word, what would it be? Jesus chose Spirit of "truth".  He primarily referred to the Holy Spirit as another Counselor, but He used "truth" to describe what He is.  I find that interesting.

In chapter one we hear John's description of Jesus.  He says that Jesus was "full of grace and truth."  In this chapter Jesus says, "I am the Way, the Truth and the LIfe."  Later John will write about Jesus' desire that his disciples are sanctified by truth, referring to God's word as "truth".

As believers, "truth" should be a primary way in which the Holy Spirit is evident in our lives.  We should speak, act and have a reputation of being full of the Holy Spirit.  That necessarily means that we would be full of truth.

It is crazy to me the number of men and women who actually believe that compromising "truth" is somehow acceptable to God.  In my opinion, God works with broken tools, but He always works with tools who are willing to speak, act and live by the "truth". It is living by the Spirit.

I hate lying!  I am confident God hates it as well.  

1 comment:

  1. God hates lies and liars.

    Jesus, please forgive me for my unbelief that tempts me to lie to achieve the object of my idolatry. help me to be brave and courageous in defining myself by confession, repentance and belief before God in Christly confidence.

    ReplyDelete