Friday, August 9, 2013

2C010

"Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ!" Now there is a challenge. Every thought! All of them! In line with the word of Christ!

It is one thing to get our words and actions in line with God's desires. It is a completely different level to get "every thought" in line as well. Wow, now that is a lofty goal. Thoughts are not sin, but what we do with the thought can be. We should either discard it or ponder it, but we should always make it submit to Christ. The only way I know to rightly sift my thoughts is to evaluate them in light of God's word. 

Since my thoughts are often contrary to God's word and God's word always reflects His thoughts, knowing scripture is the only way for me to know when my thoughts are "contrary to God". For example, if I didn't know scripture, I would believe that people are basically good and that almost everyone will go to heaven when they die. I would think that is is a good thing to look out mostly for myself and to use my resources to primarily make my life better. I would use my mind and experiences to act as the measure for right and wrong. AND I would be really messed up! In essence, I would be my own God.

But since God has revealed Himself through His word, I don't have to wonder when my thoughts are in opposition to God's thoughts. As I read and learn His word, I can know the mind and thoughts of Jesus. It doesn't make living those things easy, it does remove the confusion from my thoughts. 

How is your thinking contrary to God's word? In every place they contradict…YOU ARE WRONG! Get your mind right. Take your thoughts captive to the word of God. It is God's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment