Friday, August 2, 2013

2Co5

Could you say, "I make it my goal to be pleasing to God."? This was Paul's life verse and one he encouraged others to take on for themselves. He knew that his life was only temporary and that what he did in obedience to Christ was what truly mattered.
His goal focused his behavior, his relationships and his attitude about everything that happened. He was constantly asking the question, "Is this pleasing to God?"

I often wonder how much my life would change if I truly made pleasing God my only focus. Generally, my desires are mixed with conflicting desires. Usually the greatest desire I have to contend against is my self! I tend to want to do what I want, rather than what God wants. It is a challenge that I continue to live with.

Today I have another day to live to please God. Let's stay focused and seek to walk fully in a manner that honors Christ.

Live to please God.

No comments:

Post a Comment