Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Eph3

The "mystery" of God's administration has been made known. It is the church! His "incalculable riches" are revealed through the church of the living God.

The local church is God's plan A for reaching every community and the world. There is no plan B! If you are not using your gifts and abilities to strengthen the local church, then you are doing something outside of God's plan. His plan was revealed and is no longer a "mystery". The case is closed and the secret has been uncovered. Now that we know, the question is simple, "Are we vitally involved in God's plan?"

I was a christian for several years before I understood this truth. I spent much of my christian life only thinking about myself and my personal relationship with Jesus. I was so mistaken. Salvation is for every person! Salvation is more for every community of believers. The gospel tears down barriers and calls us into community with each other. It orders our lives and demands that we live out our faith according to God's plan not ours.

How are you strengthening your local church? It is God's plan.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah...I love that about cornerstone. .. RELENTLESS staff and members that make it strong! Building the body locally and globally. And lest we not forget about strengthening the "big" Church.. All the believers worldwide. . from all churches, walks of life, etc. As Paul says. ."Jews and the gentiles" both,..brought together as ONE now... because OF JESUS CHRIST!

    ReplyDelete