Tuesday, February 24, 2015

MK11

If we don't forgive those who have hurt us, our prayers will be hindered! Jesus said, "if you don't forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your wrongdoing."

The one thing I need more than anything from God is forgiveness. I needed it from birth. I needed it yesterday. I need it today. I will need it tomorrow! There has never been a day that I was not in need of Christ's forgiveness. I am so grateful that I have it. I am forever indebted.

Jesus teaches that understanding our need for forgiveness is the key to opening up our hearts to forgive. Multiple times he repeats this truth, "forgive and you will be forgiven". He also says, "don't forgive and you will NOT be forgiven." Is the bitterness we hold on to worth not receiving God's forgiveness? I think not.

Today's chapter talks about prayer. What are we praying that we still don't have? Is it something that God also wants us to have? Could it be that our prayers are being hindered because of our lack of forgiveness? Jesus taught His disciples to deal first with their bitterness and then seek God in prayer. 

Be a forgiver. It will make your prayer life more powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment