Thursday, February 26, 2015

Mk13

A fool waits until it is too late to start preparing for Jesus return! He is coming back. He said to "be ready".

I have two grandchildren coming in less than two weeks. I am growing more and more eager to meet them with each passing day. I know that they are definitely coming! I just don't know exactly when. The signs of their arrivals are getting more and more apparent to us all. My daughters and sons have their bags packed, the rooms ready, and all the appropriate preparations made. My wife has even booked her flights to France! We are definitely ready, even eager, for them to come. Maybe it will be today.

As surely as my grandkids are coming, so is Jesus' return. Each day brings His return one day closer. The first disciples who heard Him speak of His second coming, eagerly anticipated that He would return "soon". They were convinced that it would be in their lifetimes. How much more so should we live with expectation? How much more so should we, "ready ourselves"?

Jesus is coming back. Don't be a fool. Live ready.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Pastor! It would be great if Jesus surprised us soon. If not, enjoy those little ones.

    ReplyDelete