Friday, February 13, 2015

Mk4

Jesus' power was terrifying to His disciples! He often made them feel more fear than anything else.

When Jesus calmed the storm his disciples were fearful. It is exactly what they wanted Him to do, yet the power He demonstrated was terrifying to them. They knew He was amazing. They did not know just how amazing He was. They were often "in fear" of the things they saw Him do.

I wonder if we are ever "fearful enough" of Who Jesus is. How often do we feel afraid? Even when we are behaving in ways that we know He would hate, we rarely feel any fear. We fear others knowing what we really do. Jesus knows. I think our caviler attitude toward sin is rooted in a total misunderstanding of Who Jesus really is.

I don't think the disciples would have ever sought Jesus' grace over willful choices to sin! I think knowing Him kept them from sin. I believe knowing Him should keep all of us from sinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment