Friday, January 20, 2012

Matt. 15

Have you ever offended someone in a GOOD way?  I love what the disciples said to Jesus, "Do you know that the Pharisees took offense when they heard your statement?"  Unfortunately I have offended many people, but rarely for the good.  Generally when someone is offended by me it is because I said or did something in a sinful way.

Not Jesus.  He never said or did anything sinful.  Yet His words and actions were often offensive.  Why?  Because people had their own agenda for God, and Jesus simply did not fit their mold.  They assumed they knew what God wanted and they did not.  They made up rules that made them feel good about themselves, but continued to distance them from God.  When God Himself actually lived among them and spoke with them, the were not only offended, they would ultimately nail Him to a cross!

Today is a day to examine my heart.  Are there those who are offended by me?  Are they offended for good or are they offended because I am offensive?  I pray there are some who are actually offended in a good way.  

Read it here.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't be more encouraged by your thoughts, 2012 is gonna be a great year!

    ReplyDelete