Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Matt. 8

The disciples were blown away with the super-natural power of Jesus! They asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the wind and waves obey him!"

In this chapter, Jesus begins His ministry with an awesome display of power. Healing diseases, casting out demons, calming storms and, killing a whole herd of pigs!

What was the response? The disciples were fearful and still had little faith. Some followed Him looking for more miraculous signs to happen. But in my mind the most confusing response were those who "begged Him to leave their region."

I wonder which category I would have been in? Little faith disciple? Curious on-looker? Or begging Jesus to leave my town? I pray I would have at least been a scared, little faith disciple.

No comments:

Post a Comment