Thursday, January 12, 2012

Matt. 9

More MERCY! Not more sacrifice. Sometimes I feel that God would have me "do" more things to please him. Following Him is often not the desire of my heart, but rather the dutiful choice that I know I should make.

Jesus desires the "doing" to flow from my heart. His heart beats for mercy and grace, which produces joy in the "doing". I am convicted that I need to pray that God would give me more of His desire for me....Mercy.

It is also interesting that Jesus says that the "harvest is plentiful". His prayer request was that God would send laborers into that harvest. I am convinced those laborers are to be working from the overflow of their hearts, not from the obligation to be harvesters!

"Go learn what this means: I desire mercy not sacrifice"...Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment