Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Matt. 2

Falling to their knees, they worshiped Him! Then they opened their treasures and presented them to Him. The "wise men" of this chapter got it right. The appropriate response to seeing Jesus is to worship him and to give him what you treasure.

Two questions that emerge in this text for me if I want to be a "wise man".

1. Am I worshiping Jesus?
2. Do I offer what I treasure as a gift to Jesus?

On the other hand, there was Herod. He was threatened by Jesus and rather than doing what he said, ("I too can go and worship Him"), he wanted Him dead!

That is always the response to Jesus. Either true worship or total rejection. There is no middle ground.

Worship today!

2 comments:

  1. I have been intrigued by the gifts. I believe myrrh was actually a burial spice, a strange gift to present to a baby king. Any insight into that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rog,

    Yes, Myrrh is a burial spice and was given on purpose to Jesus by the wisemen. They were in on the "game" on this one. They knew that he was going to die for all of our sins and they were foretelling of His work here on Earth. Good question.

    ReplyDelete