Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Matt. 3

The Biblical "man vs. wild" was John the baptist! His message was bold and confident and people were flocking to be baptized by him. As they were being baptized they were "confessing their sins".

Since John's message was "repent", then certainly repentance is evidenced through honest confession of sin. The Pharisees on the other hand, were rebuked when they came to be baptized! Why? I believe it was because they wanted to go through yet another religious activity without the true heart behind it.

I don't want to be like the Pharisees. Do you? I want my life to be mark with true repentance, confession and obedience.

I love it that John is preparing others to welcome Jesus. He was prophesying about a day in which we live. A day in when the Holy Spirit living in us who repent and believe. A day when the Holy Spirit is helping us to live a true christian life.

Live strong today.

No comments:

Post a Comment