Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Matt. 7

Q:Who will enter the kingdom of heaven? A:"the one who does the will of my Father in heaven."...Jesus

I think it is crazy that we often overlook these clear sayings of Jesus. He is challenging us to enter by the narrow gate and to choose the difficult path. He says that it is not mere words, "Lord, Lord" but rather obedience that sets apart true faith.

I am also intrigued by what Jesus said about bad fathers! He said, "evil dads want to give good gifts to their children, how much more will your heavenly Father give to you if you ask." In Luke 11, we see that Jesus was specifically talking about the Holy Spirit. Jesus came to give us the one thing in life that secures our eternity...the gift of eternal life through His holy Spirit. Let's ask for that!!!

It is the Spirit that enables us to live a life of obedience. Live strong today.

1 comment:

  1. 1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

    Uh oh! It's so easy to see everyone else's faults. They are so clear to me but Lord help me see my own. I don't want to look in the mirror but I must to see what others see and hopefully correct with God's help. Humbling...

    ReplyDelete