Monday, January 30, 2012

Matt. 21

Nothing seems to make Jesus more angry than religious hypocrites! You know the type.  People with a lot of knowledge about God or the bible, but very little "life" as a result of it.  They are the ones who always have a way of making everyone around them feel bad.

In this chapter Jesus' disciples "went and did just as He directed them."  Their lives were marked by obedience and faith.  On the other hand, the hypocrites were "indignant" with Jesus and irritated at the excitement of children who were so happy to actually see God's miraculous power. Unable to enter into the excitement, they choose rather to remain in their pious reality.  They changed no one for the good, yet sat in judgement of God Himself.

Unfortunately I can identify with both the disciples AND the hypocrites.  I too have found myself irritated at times with others who are excited about Jesus.  I too have seen my knowledge of God blind my affections for Him.  My prayer for me, and all of us, is that we would renew our faith like an early disciple. 

Live to listen and obey today.

Read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment