Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mt12

Have you committed the "unpardonable sin"!  Jesus said that there is a sin that will never be forgiven!  What is that sin?

I have been asked this question many times by many different people.  In fact, when I was a boy, I lived in the fear that I might have committed it!  I heard several sermons on the subject and, in every case, the teacher was seeking to scare the literal Hell out of all of us. I am saddened by the poor understanding of scripture and the poor method of teaching it.

Let me assure you.  If you desire to be saved, you can be.  Jesus died for sinners and there is no sin that is outside of his ability to forgive.  If there were a particular sin that is unforgivable, much of the scripture about Jesus death on the cross would be wrong. The bible teaches in multiple places that all sin can be forgiven.

The answer to the "unpardonable sin" is a simple one.  The sin IS rejection of Jesus.  If someone refuses to get forgiveness from sin through trusting in Jesus, there is no forgiveness for that.  If one dies without faith in Christ, he will be utterly lost and condemned.

Let your fear subside.  Trust Jesus in faith.

Read it here.

1 comment:

  1. amen.

    Jesus solely.
    Jesus only.
    Jesus ever always be.

    http://onceforalldelivered.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete