Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Mt17

How do you think God feels about you?  Would He say, "This is My beloved child, I take delight in them!"?  If you know Jesus, God delights in you...period.

God's ability to delight in us is rooted solely in Jesus.  His righteousness has been given to us as a cover, a thorough cleaning and a complete makeover of sorts.  We could have never earned it, nor can we ever lose it.  It is the gift of God.  In essence, it is God's delight in Jesus transferred to us.

Often when I read the Gospels, I too quickly identify with the disciples who were continually blowing it.  It gives me comfort to know that they were not so different than me.  The focus of the Gospels is not the disciples though!  The focus of the Gospels is Jesus!  Jesus did what He did so I could have what He has!

In a sentence, Jesus did for me what I could have never done for myself so that I could have the delight of God fully resting on me through Him.  God actually delights in me!  Not because of me, but because of Jesus.

It is true.

1 comment: