Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mt22

We should give to God what is rightfully His...ourselves!  Jesus said, "Render to Ceasar the things that are Ceasar's and to God the things that are God's".  His illustration was that of a Roman coin which bore Ceasar's image.  We know from the beginning that "we" all were made in the image of God.  Give to God what in His!

Jesus followed this statement with the greatest commandment.  "You shall love the Lord with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your might."  What more do you have?  Isn't it just another way of saying the same thing?

I don't know why I continue to want to only give Jesus a "portion" of what is His.  It is like my sons when they are stingy sharing a bite of something that I purchased for them.  Without me they would have nothing AND they want me to feel honored when they give me a BITE!  Something is broken.

Whatever it is, it is broken in me.

1 comment:

  1. we initially react to Jesus' answer by thinking how hard it would be to give Caesar our money.

    we then realize that God wants our thoughts, strengths, gifts, talents, money, body, soul, and heart.

    that makes giving money look like child's play.

    ReplyDelete