Monday, January 28, 2013

Mt20

God's ways are absolutely NOT fair! Thank Him today for His undeserved mercy toward all of us. If we got what we deserved, we would be unable to have relationship with Him.  

In the parable of the workers, those who worked longer complained about not receiving more than those who only worked an hour.  They believed they "deserved" more because they had worked more.  Doesn't that seem fair?

Because they had a selfish heart, they quickly forgot they had agreed to work for what they were paid.  Their pay was just and fair.  Whenever the owner was generous toward those who had worked less, they immediately lost the gratitude they should have had and began to despise the owner.

The parable is about God's generosity toward all who will believe in him.  No one deserves His love and mercy, nor can we earn it by doing good works.  It is all about God.

Delight in His love and mercy toward you.  We do not deserve it.



1 comment:

  1. i like pay day.

    i like seeing the rewards of my labor.

    my pay day would be less rewarding if i discovered the person next to me who works less got paid the same.

    while i would appeal to justice to justify my sin, in reality it would be only vengeance or my desire for glory that would guide these efforts.

    after all, i agreed to work for my wages. i am not being cheated out of anything. justice would rally to defend my employer, not me in my greed.

    ReplyDelete