Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mt16

Why are we so quick to forget the great things that God has done in our lives?  Don't forget that God's faithfulness will outlast your lifetime.

I continue to find friends in the disciples.  In fact, I really can identify with them.  It seems as though they understood very little about what was going on right in front of their eyes!  Occasionally they had an insight or two, but generally they missed everything!

In this chapter, Jesus wants to make an illustration about hypocrisy.  The disciples got distracted by the illustration (yeast of the pharisees) and missed the whole point.  Not only did they miss the illustration, they forgot that Jesus could produce bread out of anything.  

Like them, I desire to live for Jesus.  Also like them, I get so easily distracted by the everyday happenings of this life.  My prayer is that I will learn to listen to the lessons Jesus is seeking to teach me.

Listen today.



1 comment: