Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mt23

There are two words that describe people who Jesus rebuked: Greedy, Self-indulgent.  Do you know anyone like that?

A person who is greedy is anyone who continues to have a desire for more.  They are never content with what they have and they are always striving to have even more.  They are never satisfied!  I think greedy would describe most Americans.

A person who is self-indulgent is anyone who's primary concern is with their own personal well being and comfort.  They are always looking to enjoy pleasure and comfort.  Generally they are negative about life and complain anytime things aren't exactly as they want.  I think self-indulgent would describe most Americans as well.

So what about me?  How do I deal with my own greed and self-indulgence?  By letting go of me and choosing to focus on what God wants.  I purpose to let giving be a major part of my finances and I purpose to make serving others a major activity in my life.

How is your giving and serving?

1 comment:

  1. without purposing to place others in the primary seat of my giving and serving, i default to giving and serving myself.

    by His grace, i am finding the desire more and more to be mindful of others needs and that which God has given me to give: time and money.

    ReplyDelete